But here we go. If I were stranded on a desert island, and somehow knew it was going to happen, so packed appropriately for the...er...stranding, what would be in my suitcase?
If I were smart, I'd say a bag filled with bottled water, but this is fantasy and in my fantasy, there's a lovely little spring of fresh water on the island and plenty of various tropical fruits to eat, so I'm going to focus on the other items I consider necessary to survival:
- The "doh" items: Extra Clothes, Soap, Hairbrush, Toothpaste, and a Toothbrush
- Essential items: Bug repellant, two flashlights with extra batteries (I'd lose one, so need two), matches (hopefully they didn't get wet and are now useless!)
- Photographs of my family and friends (because I'd miss them)
- A Survival book on island-living :)
- Coffee (Hey, I can use a palm frond as a filter, right?)
- Blank Notebooks and a Pen so I can write/journal/send "save me" letters out in bottles.
- Do I have room for a travel blanket and a pillow? I'm going to say yes.
- A pin-up calendar of hot, sexy men I can pretend are my friends when I lose my mind.
- And, finally, books. However many will fit in whatever space is left over. I'm not sure if I'd choose my favorite reads or go for books I'd never read. Hm, maybe a mix of both. But I KNOW I'd stick to light, fun, romantic books...after all, if I'm stranded on a desert island, I really don't need to bring Stephen King along with me. Too scary!
And, uh, that's about it. Now, let's say out of the above list I had to cut my choices in half. What would go? What would I keep?
- Um...Coffee is coming with me. That's just the way it is.
- Blank Notebooks and a Pen
- Soap, Toothbrush, and Toothpaste (I'll leave the hairbrush at home. Hey, who's gonna see my wild hair, anyway?)
- Photographs of my family
- And...um...I *should* say a flashlight, right? Or the blanket and pillow. Or the island survival guide. But nope, I'd bring the books.
Okay, so in furthering this game I'm playing with myself, if I could only bring THREE of the above, what would it be?
That's easy: Coffee, photographs of my family, and books.
I can't reduce the list any further. Really. Nope, huh-uh, not happening.
Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!