Thursday, April 15, 2010

Getting "Lost"

I have to say that being an avid fan of Lost has pretty much ruined any fun or romantic deserted island fantasy I’ve ever had. If I ever did get stuck on a deserted island, I’d probably be freaking out about the possible smoke monster or Dharma project hatches or, say, nuclear bombs that might be hidden somewhere. Which got me to thinking, if I were stuck on a deserted island, I’d probably want to have one of the Lost characters with me, just because, you know, they’re used to this sort of thing by now. So that begs the question: which one?

I guess the obvious answers would be Sawyer or Jack, because, well, they’re Sawyer. And Jack. If you watch the show, you know what I mean. But, all male gorgeousness aside, Sawyer’s a bit too angry and hotheaded to rely on, and Jack is a bit too damaged and controlling. It would be cool to pick Hurly’s brain about all the dead people he’s talking to (aka great book material), but with our combined survival skills I don’t think we’d make it long enough to ever get off the island. So instead, I would pick Kate.

I know she’s kind of a murderer, but I’ll admit, I may have a bit of a girl crush on her. She’s SO tough, which I love! She can get out of any situation and handle her own as well or, probably, better than any of the guys on the island. She knows how to navigate, hike, shoot, hunt, hide, survive and somehow, her hair always looks good (and she has curly hair like me. Honestly, I wonder every week how she keeps it from getting frizzy!). If I were stranded on a deserted island, I would not know how to do any of the above and thus Kate would be my best chance of survival and/or rescue.

So what about you – which Lost character would you want to be on a deserted island with?

2 comments:

Tracy Madison said...

Sayid. And um, that's all I need to say on that subject. :)

Maureen Lipinski said...

I have never seen Lost, but I fear the amount of brainpower it will take to watch it!