Monday, February 15, 2010

Figure Skating, Skiing, Luge...Oh, My!

I'm a huge fan of the Winter Olympics, which is kind of funny when you consider I can barely stay upright on ice skates or skis. Okay, that's a lie. There's no barely to it. I cannot stand upright on ice skates or skis, but I love to watch those who can.

Seeing as I've never been an outdoorsy sort of gal, it's mega surprising how much fun I have watching the Olympics. But love it I do. That's not to say that I adore every sport within the Winter Olympics--because I don't. I have my favorites, and yes, at the top of my favorite list is figure skating. I'm not even picky about what type of figure skating...I even like ice dancing.

Figure skating is filled with grace and athleticism (not to mention the really cool outfits!), and I'm always stunned by the pure beauty of this sport. And, unlike some of the other winter sports, I can almost feel the tension of the athletes when they step onto the ice, and I can definitely feel the happiness when a skater completes a nearly perfect routine.

Next on my favorite list is the luge. Why do I love watching luge? Don't know. Maybe it's the speed of the sport. Or...um...the tight outfits on the men? Possibly.

And of course I love downhill skiing. And moguls. Ohhhh! And speed-skating!

I also like that the Olympics only come around every four years. Otherwise, they wouldn't be nearly as special or as exciting.

What about you? Are you a fan of the Winter Olympics? If so, which sports are on your must-see list?

2 comments:

Jillian Cantor said...

Tracy, I've never been on skis, which is a good thing, considering how bad I am at skating :-)

Air Fryer Recipes said...

Helllo mate nice blog