Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Looking Back

I can't believe that this is my last post on TNG in 2009. My, how things have changed--and how quickly this year flew by. Looking back, at the start of the year, I had no idea what to expect. I was filled with a strange combination of excitement, fear, and the urge to just shut my eyes until it was all over. As I've said before, I'd compare it to childbirth.

My anxiety only grew as my book's release date approached. By the time June 1st rolled around, I was nearly certifiable. I guess it was because there were so many things that I couldn't control, like bookstore placement and Amazon reviews. And for the first few months after my book released, I remained a basket case. Now, finally, six months post-release, I think I'm sort of back to normal.

Until it all will start up again in a few weeks when I realize it's time to launch another book. Not that I'm complaining or anything, but I think I should start meditating, like, yesterday.

Despite all the nerves about launching my book, it was also the year I could truly officially call myself an author. I didn't have to have those awkward conversations where you tell someone you're a writer and have to say, "But the book won't be published for like two years" so they totally think you're lying.

This was a year where I launched my first book, turned in my second, wrote a third. (That I'm in the middle of revising. Again. Don't ask.) So yeah, by all quantifiable measures, I'd say 2009 was pretty kick ass.

Catch you guys in 2010!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds pretty kick arse to me Maureen. :)I just hope 2010 goes by slower then it did this year,the world seems to fly by when you write.LOL.