Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Crazy Love of the Online Variety

So, before I get into my "craziest thing I've ever done" story, I have to stand up and cheer for Lisa. Her book, Whistlin' Dixie in a Nor'easter, is now on the shelves and ready to be purchased, drooled over (what a gorgeous cover!), and read. I'm waiting for my copy to arrive, but I've already read the excerpt and know I'm going to love this story even more than I love the cover. And that's saying a lot. Because I am totally, head-over-heels, in love with her cover.

Huge congratulations to you, Lisa! This is such a wonderful time. Be sure to enjoy yourself, visit your book in every bookstore you can, and ride the wave as high as you can. I am so excited for you!

Also, for those of you keeping count, Lisa is the final TNG to have her first release out. That's right. All of us: Jillian, Lesley, Maureen, Lisa, and me have had our first book's offiically released now. We've gone through the rollercoaster of emotions together, and we've shared a lot of those emotions with you, and I have to say...I couldn't have chosen a better group of folks to share this amazing experience with.

So, moving on to the craziest thing I've ever done. I *clears throat* met a man through the internet a long (over a decade now) time ago. And then, I moved across the country and fell totally, completely, romance-novel-like, in love with him. Okay, so the falling in love thing didn't happen immediately. It was a fairly slow build, but it did happen, and we did originally meet on the internet.

And then, over three years later, we were married. And yep, we're still happy. Absolutely, positively, most of the time, when he isn't driving me batty, happy.

So...that's my craziest thing. And really, it sounded crazier when it actually happened years ago, because meeting folks online was still a rare occurrence. Now, tons of people meet online and many of them fall in love. And yep, bunches of them end up married.

I'm sorry I don't have a juicier tale to share, but...well, there's only so many things I'm willing to share on public blog.

Hope you all have a great day and don't forget to comment. We're nearly at the end of our month-long contest extravaganza celebrating our one-year anniversary! A $100 Amazon Gift Card is up for grabs, as well as this week's giveaway of a SIGNED copy of Lisa's book, Whistlin' Dixie in a Nor'easter.

4 comments:

buddyt said...

The craziest thing I have ever done was Bungi jumping from the Stroms River Bridge in South Africa, which is officially recognised by Guinness Book of Records as the highest commercial Bungi jump in the world.

The only reason I did it was because hubby wanted to and hates to do things if I don't join him. The things we do for love !


Carol


buddytho {at} gmail DOT com

Wendy said...

Oh, that's romantic! :D

I haven't done any super crazy things yet but I'm only 21 so give me time! lol

kristina shields said...

Wow, bungi jumping! That sounds crazy. I don't think I would be brave enough to do that, but I would go ski diving; it just seems safer to me.

Carol Murdock said...

I've probably done a lot of things that would be considered crazy but do to "senior" moments I can't recall them right now! :)
I tracked my package and should get my Amazon box today bringing Lisa's book! Your on my blog roll and also a link to Tracy's Magic books is on my sidebar!