Wednesday, December 10, 2008

These are a few . . .

of my favorite things. When I saw the topic for this week I couldn’t help thinking of The Sound of Music song. I know it’s corny, but I love that movie . . . still. I know every word to every song and most of the dialogue. Hey, I suppose the movie itself is one of my favorite things. That’s a start.

But laughter and humor top my list. Anything funny gets me going. Reruns of I Love Lucy, Seinfeld, and The Beverly Hillbillies are my favorites but my all time favorite funniest movie is What About Bob? with Bill Murray and Richard Dreyfuss. Talking about knowing all the words. Even my boys know all the lines to that one, as they spent their childhoods indulging their mother’s remedy for anything that ails. If you’ve never had the pleasure, crawl on all fours if you have to, right NOW to Blockbuster!! You won't be sorry.

Fannie Flagg, one of my heroes, has a novel called Can’t Wait To Get To Heaven. I think I’ve talked about this before but it bears mentioning again. I had tears rolling down my cheeks as I read parts of it. It makes my favorites list. Go Fannie. I hope to be you when I grow up.

As for foods that tickle my palette, my hands-down favorite food is King Crab Legs. McDonald’s French fries, expensive white chocolate, filet with béarnaise sauce, and caramel cake run a close second. Notice there’s not a thing healthy about any of these delicacies but making healthy choices is not our topic. I very infrequently indulge myself with these perfect foods but when I do, I’m oh so glad I did.

I love to watch snowfall. Sunsets over the ocean are amazing and I am reduced to a puddle by long back scratches. As for that last one, I pay well by the way. My kids, whom I beg for back scratches from, never seem to need the money. I guess that’s a guy thing. Oh well, maybe I’ll get a granddaughter one day and she'll take me on as her full-time job.

3 comments:

Maureen Lipinski said...

Great post, Lisa! What About Bob? was just on cable this past weekend!

Jillian Cantor said...

I'm right there with you on The Sound of Music! As you can see from my post, I've been thinking about that song all week, too. So yay, I'm not the only one who knows all those songs by heart:-).

Lesley Livingston said...

"My name's Bob. Will you knock me out?"

"Baby steps get on the bus... baby steps get on the bus..."

LOVE this movie! :-D