Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I'm Vowing To Do Better This Year

If it weren't for my fellow Novel Girl's debut novels, I would not have read many books at all in 2009. It was not my year for pleasure reading. Just wasn't. I'm happy Jillian, Lesley, Maureen and Tracy are in my life for many reasons and reading their books brought me much joy. They are all delightful. All so different. All so memorable.

Like Maureen, my nightstand just keeps getting taller and taller. It's toppled over a few times so I had no choice but to turn my one stack into three. Here's a list of a few more of the few books I did find time to squeeze in last year. And I loved every one of them!

Pat Conroy's South of Broad.

Adriana Trigiani's Very Valentine.

Katie Crouch's Girl's in Trucks

Susan Gregg Gilmore's Looking for Salvation at the Dairy Queen.

and most recently . . .

Rebecca Wells' The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder

Now that I'm 13 days into 2010 I'm hoping my resolution to be more organized will kick into gear and that I'll soon be able to take a load off my nightstand. What's weighting down yours?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool post you got here. It would be great to read more concerning this matter. Thanx for sharing that info.
Joan Stepsen
Wise geek

Tracy Madison said...

Aw, Lisa--I feel the same! I have Adriana Trigiani's Very Valentine sitting in my TBR pile (er, shelf) at this very minute. I'll have to move it up so I can get to it soon!

Jillian Cantor said...

I think I have five stacks on my nightstand right now. That puts your three to shame :-)