Wednesday, December 9, 2009

On Running From The Social Networking Police

First of all, sorry to be so late in posting. I have had a huge ordeal at work and am finding myself with even less time than I had during the launch of Whistlin' Dixie. I suppose the Christmas holidays aren't helping but when I mix that time-zap in with everything else, I'm on life overload. I have officially entered into a recession - with my time that is.

Hence the problem with this week's topic.

I stink at social networking. I hope it gets better but for now I can't see myself as ever becoming a pro-Facebooker, not to mention a first-class Twitterer. I just don't see how y'all do it. I'll confess (as I have many times before here at the NG grog) that I'm not the best at time management. Or maybe it just comes down to distractibility. If I were to tweet all day about everything that's on my mind or what I'm doing, I'd be so aflutter that nothing would get done in my life. As it is, I'm lucky to ever get by the grocery store to buy cream for my coffee.

I often find myself cringing at the thought of the S.N. PoPo coming to arrest me. I'd tell you my hair is standing on end but it does that naturally anyway.

So, this is the deal. I'm trying as hard as I can to keep up with 3 email accounts (personal, author, & real job), three voice mails, facebook, twitter, blog, WORK, trim the tree, shop for presents, pay bills, clean house, manage two HM sons and one little dog, write another novel, promote first novel, bathe, launder my clothes, iron, make sure tires are rotated and oil is changed, AND try to squeeze in a little bit of a social life here and there. I'm in multi-task hell.

Oh, and I just remembered one more mandatory task for a girl my age . . . EXERCISE! More power to all y'all who have got this figured out. I'm telling you right now, I'm very jealous!

1 comment:

Maureen Lipinski said...

I feel your pain! I get so tempted just to take a break and lay around on the couch for three days and ignore my email!