Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Can. Not. Wait.

This topic could not come at a better time for me, as I am sorely in need of a vacation right now! I just finished doing some serious editing on my young adult book before shipping it off to my agent. I took a day off before I jumped into my edits for my second book/sequel to A BUMP currently titled NOT READY FOR MOM JEANS. I got a (gulp) 14 page revision letter from my editor, so I'm slowly hacking my way through the book. July is definitely Maureen's Month O' Revisions.

MOM JEANS is due back to my editor by early August, just in time for me to head on vacation. My entire extended family and my brother-in-law and his family are all packing up and heading south to Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. We're going to spend a week on the beach filled with drinking frozen drinks, eating seafood and sleeping late. (Assuming my toddler is amenable to that discussion.)

There's 14 of us heading down south, so we've rented a big party house for the weekend complete with pool, jacuzzi, seven bedrooms and an elevator. It will be the perfect break before I jump into writing my next book, assuming my brain doesn't end up floating away in someone's strawberry margarita.

Of course, there's the issue of actually getting there with my two-year-old. Early morning flight, layover and two planes might equal hundreds of pissed off stares in our direction. Hopefully I won't crack and shout, "Lay off, people! I just finished revising like 700 pages and I need a freaking vacay!" Or something like that...

2 comments:

Jillian Cantor said...

So jealous of Hilton Head. My favorite vacation spot ever!! You must eat at The Crazy Crab for me :-)

Tracy Madison said...

Oooh, sounds fun, Maureen! Relax and enjoy yourself. You've definitely earned it!