Monday, June 1, 2009

Summer Reading

Ah, long sunny days, fresh lemonade, and a good summer read. I'm definitely getting ready for summer by making sure my TBR pile is in order, and I've already ordered the few new books I know I'm going to want.

So, my summer reading list looks like this:

  1. Book after book in The No. 1 Detective Agency series by Alexander McCall Smith. I don't think I'll finish the entire series this summer, but I love these books. I love the characters, the setting, and the stories.
  2. The Girl She Used to Be by David Cristofano. I accidentally came across this title while looking possibilities up on Amazon just a few days ago, and I ordered it immediately. It's about a girl who grew up in the witness protection service. I'm really looking forward to reading it.
  3. Black Hills by Nora Roberts. Nora's one of my faves, so of course her book is on my summer list.
  4. And of course, without a doubt, A Bump in the Road... by Maureen Lipinski. That's on preorder, and I am so excited to read this story!

That's all I'm planning to read, but I have a lot of other (read near 100, and no, I'm not joking) of books in my TRB pile...er shelf...okay, shelves. And I'll get more books this summer at the RWA conference, so I will not be lacking in reading material. But that's good. I like it that way.

One of my favorite memories from my teenage years was sitting by the pool (yes, my parents had a pool. Sigh. Wish I had one now!) in the summer, with a really great book, and just vegging out all day. Sounds so nice!

What about you? What's your favorite summer reading memory? What summer books are on your radar?

Have a great week!

3 comments:

Jillian Cantor said...

The Girl She Used to Be sounds good -- I'm going to check that one out! I'm also looking forward to A BUMP IN THE ROAD and A STROKE OF MAGIC :-)

Maureen Lipinski said...

A STROKE OF MAGIC will definitely be in my carry-on!

Lesley Livingston said...

I've never read a Norah. Maybe I should pick one up!

(And super-yes to ABITR and ASOM!!)