Saturday, April 11, 2009

Friends and family...

...are wonderful things, but they can really throw one's schedule out of whack!

Thus - apologies to readers and my fellow Novel Girls, alike, for my disappearing act yesterday - this Girl Friday had Good Friday off and, as a consequence, spent the day in a series of lovely get-togethers which left me nowhere near a computer!

So I thought I'd drop in for a quick post today to make up for it.

I have to admit, it was kind of a luxurious feeling. Slightly naughty, even! It was like I was playing hooky or something! I've been so very busy lately (who among us hasn't?!) that I had almost forgotten what it was like to just kick back and spend hours having lunch with people I haven't seen in ages. And then to follow it up with a evening of - well - kicking back and spending hours having dinner with an entirely different group of people I haven't seen in ages!

That, to me, is the best part of holidays - pretty much any holiday. They're defined by the people you get to spend them with. Most of my own family is out west and so I don't get to see them nearly as often as I would like but it was awfully nice to catch up with people who do actually live near me.

Especially on a day like yesterday where it seemed like the seasons had finally agreed to turn and this most reluctant Spring decided to tie on a festive crocus-bedecked bonnet and flounce around in a sunshine-drenched frock. Which is how an Easter weekend should behave if you ask me!

Have a happy one, everybody!

(Of course, if I still had any lingering doubts that it was, indeed, Spring - they will no doubt be put to rest tonight. When I will watch the Leafs play their last game of the season because they didn't make the playoffs... again. Next season, fellas, I promise - I won't mind if Spring seems to come along a touch late!)

3 comments:

Lisa Patton said...

I'm happy you took time out to spend it with friends. You're right, that's what the holidays should always be about - having fun with the ones you luuuuuuv!!

Jillian Cantor said...

Sounds like you had a fun day. Glad you enjoyed the company :-)

Maureen Lipinski said...

Bah. It's snowing today in Chicago.