Have you seen it? If you haven't, here's a bit of the synopsis, as taken from the Disney's official website for the movie (you can also see the trailer there):
ENCHANTED is the ultimate fish-out-of-water adventure. For princess-to-be Giselle, life is a fairy tale - until she's banished from the animated land of Andalasia and thrust into the very unmagical, live-action world of modern-day Manhattan. When a cynical, no-nonsense divorce lawyer comes to her aid, little does he realize this joyful, wide-eyed innocent is about to enchant him.
The movie stars Amy Adams and Patrick Dempsey as the leading couple, as well as James Marsden (as a not-too-intelligent, but very sweet prince) and Susan Sarandon (as the oh-so-evil meanie). Okay, first off...Patrick Dempsey is adorable in anything he's in, but in this role he is adorable, charming, and well, let's just say very (VERY) cute. :)
Amy Adams plays the innocent princess-to-be who believes in true love and fairy tale endings perfectly, and honestly, is a complete joy to watch. James Marsden is hilarious, and Susan Sarandon is sufficiently mean and evil.
So...what do we have the makings of here? The perfect fairy tale - at least in my opinion. It has all of my favorite elements: quirkiness, romance, humor, and singing. Yes, I love musicals. Always have and always will. Of course, some muscials are done way better than others, and Enchanted is one of them.
So, what are the reasons I love this movie so much? Oh, let me count the ways...
- Patrick Dempsey. I'd be banished happily if I knew he was going to rescue me. Enough said!
- The music...it's funny, sweet, and romantic all at once. Well most of it.
- It reminds me of all the Disney movies I loved as a child (and still love, actually!)
- It's a fairy tale...come on, what could be better for a gal like me?
- Susan Sarandon is awesome in it (if a little scary).
- Patrick Dempsey. Oh wait, I said that already. Well, he counts as double the pleasure
- It makes me laugh and feel all gushy/happy inside.
- It has animals and they CLEAN!
- And...hmm...oh yeah, Patrick Dempsey. :)
If you've seen Enchanted, I'd love to know your thoughts on it. In my house, all of us loved it--and we have every age from 6 on up!
In other news...please take a few minutes to visit my blog today at http://www.tracymadison.com/. I'm celebrating my release month with guest bloggers (romance authors) and fantastic book giveaways all month. Today, author of the Final Prophecy series and many Harlequin Intrigue books Jessica Andersen is my guest. Come on over and celebrate the release of A Taste of Magic with me--all month long!
Have an "enchanted" Monday!